Here are some things child, adolescent and adult patients can expect from the time of admission to the end of their inpatient treatment at Cedar Springs Hospital.
- You will meet with one of our licensed behavioral health providers to complete an assessment.
- Within 24 hours, you will see a psychiatrist and a medical doctor who will address any medical issues and start you on medications as necessary.
- Within 72 hours, you will meet with the therapist to complete an assessment. They will discuss things like why you are here, previous treatment, relationships with family members, substance use history, work and educational history, trauma history, etc. The therapist will briefly obtain demographic information and information about current providers so we can begin making appointments and connections for when you return home.
- Based on that assessment and the ones done by the doctors and nurses, a comprehensive treatment plan will be developed. The plan will include short- and long-term goals for you to work on during your stay.
- You will attend groups with therapists and frequently meet with a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner.
- Identified supports (family member or friends) will be contacted by the treatment team. You may be asked to participate in a meeting by phone or in person. Typically, these meetings involve developing a plan to help you return home and remain safe. You may be asked about weapons or medications in the home, and if there are any, you will be asked to secure them prior to going home.